Powered by Blogger.

How to Rank High in Search Engines, in 2013


This article will help you understand how to rank highly in Google (and other search engines), and do it in the proper way. Many people think that using keywords, 'keyword domain names', and back linking is the best way to rank high in Google. That is true in some aspects, but it can also be the worst way to promote your website's content.
Let me tell you story.
I own several websites, but one of them is about blogging, and the other one is about sobriety. Currently, my blog about sobriety is ranked number one on Bing and number seven on Google, for the search query of 'being sober.' However, that search query is not very popular. I did manage to rank high on Google and Bing for 'blog tutorial'. This search query is very popular, and is hard to rank high in the search engines for (compared to 'being sober').
On my blog about sobriety, I simply wrote high-quality content that helps the reader understand addiction and recovery. On my blog about effective blogging, I tried really hard to utilize keywords, SEO optimization, and back-linking.
My method of just producing high-quality content that readers can understand did the best. My website about blogging tutorials did very poorly and is actually been penalized by Google. My blogging website no longer shows up in Google, or Bing.
This is all most likely because of Google's update, named Panda. While before, SEO optimization, back linking, and successful keyword utilization worked great, it does not anymore.
If you would like to appear high in Google, Bing, and other search engines, you need to solely focus on the reader. While having some links in your article, and building a back link network is great - it is not the answer anymore. I do not yet understand why Bing does not show my content, but perhaps they use algorithms similar to Google's. Therefor, my proposed method does, in fact, affect your role in all major search engines.
Overall, this makes it hard to find shortcuts. However, it actually makes articles much easier to write. As a writer, I can now focus on producing content instead of having to commit to all of these technological techniques, simply to appear in search engines on the first page.
I highly encourage you to do the same. Your life will be easier, you will appear on search engines quickly, and you'll participate in your niche in a fair way.